A new version of TRNG (Tina’s Random Number Generator Library) has been released. New features of TRNG 4.9 include:
- A new random number distribution class hypergeometric_dist and a new random number engine class mlcg2_64 have been implemented.
- Performance improvements for split methods of the classes lcg64 and lcg64_shift. The computational complexity has been reduced from linear (in the number of sub-streams) to logarithmic scaling.
- Various corrections and clarifications to the TRNG documentation have been applied.
- TRNG compiles now with Sun Studio compiler.
- Starting from version 4.9, the TRNG library is distributed under the terms of a BSD style license (3-clause license).
If you need a modern C++ random number generator library, check out TRNG 4.9.